We all need some good news heading into 2021 so, if you have the necessary experience and ambition, why not give yourself the best shot at a new and positive year by applying for what is probably the most significant job in the official VIP Hospitality industry. Certainly in the client- or buyer side of our business.
Coca-Cola opened applications to become their global director of hospitality over the Christmas period and, according to what we could find online, applications look like they will close January 4 .
If you had any doubts as to the scale of events on which you would be working, the advert is explicit: the Olympics, the FIFA World Cup, the UEFA European Championships. These three – by our calculations – are among the four most significant global events in the world. And Coca-Cola has long-term commercial tenures with all of them.
- Coca-Cola has renewed their long association with the Olympics until at least the 2032 Games.
- Coca-Cola, who are partners of the FIFA World Cup up until 2022, is so proactive in its sponsorship support of FIFA the company joined a joint letter to the world governing body of football in 2015 at the height of that body’s corruption scandals.
- Coca-Cola, whose relationship with the UEFA European Championships dates back to the 1988 tournament, recently signed on as partners of the rescheduled 2020 tournament.
Just to show how multi-faceted the position is we have shared below some of the key areas of responsibilities that the director of hospitality needs to tackle include:
Critical Responsibilities & Job Summary:
- Develop strategic structure for Hospitality at each global event, including types of programs and packages available, location, size, scope, duration and pricing, as well as integration with host market and experiential showcasing of brand and business priorities.
- Develop and manage net-zero budget from inception to reconciliation, including liaison with Corporate Finance on RFA, exchange rates, hedging, payments.
- Determine appropriate ticket order, negotiate additional / higher quality tickets and seats as required with Right-holders and manages and delivers tickets to all System buyers.
- Source programme hotels plus leads all negotiations and oversee operations related to rooms, space, transport, concierge, food and beverage, and all hotel services. Manages key relationships with leadership team of hotel property and hotel chain.
- Manage all aspects of food and beverage at hotels, restaurants, other venues and stadiums; including menu development, staffing and service, financial negotiations, and management of Coca-Cola product and equipment.
- Collaborate with local venue operations and global innovation teams related to ordering, delivery and management of all product and equipment.
- Collaborate with global design team on the design of all spaces and experiences. Creatively develops and leads all décor, signage and production elements.
- Collaborate with local and global licensing teams on the design elements for amenities, uniforms and program merchandise. Source various vendors and works with key partners (i.e.: Adidas) and licensees on the design, production and delivery of all apparel and accessories.
- Collaborate with local and global entertainment and digital teams related to music, gaming and virtual experiences. Develop and lead entertainment for programme, including working with global and local partners, in music, dance, gaming, virtual experiences and other forms interactive entertainment.
- Collaborate with local and global marketing teams to ensure that all constituents participate in and / or are exposed to other marketing activations (ie Showcasing, Torch, Trophy Tour, and Fan Fests).
- Source all transportation equipment, including ground transportation and, if necessary, charter planes, and manages transportation vendors, drivers, routing, parking and all logistics.
- Oversee the administration of the program, including office management, accreditations, shipping, warehousing, insurance, medical, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with and supervise IT and Digital teams on all aspects of technology, digital and audio-visual requirements for program.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders around the management and delivery of all programme content – printed, digital and audio.
- Collaborate with and supervise Corporate Security on all aspects of security planning for programs and tickets, as well as potential Incident Management and Crisis Resolution [IMCR] issues.